The latest articles and game guides on LearnPlayWin
- Rummy 500 Rules - Rummy 500 Rules The rules to Rummy 500 are heavily decorated with variations. There’re more variations to this game than the actual number of Rummy games!! Anyone would find it as nothing short of overwhelming trying to keep track of it all. That’s why most won’t play it outside their own “circles”. But don’t let […]
- Kings Corner Rules - Kings Corner Rules The rules for Kings Corner are loaded with variations. Most of those variations are in the scoring. Some show up for the start of the game and the starting and ending moves. The rest are on the gambling setup you happen to have. In any case, always decide on the rules before […]
- King Card Game Rules - King Card Game Rules For those familiar with playing Bridge, this game is very similar. You have to either win or lose what’s called a “trick”. But the main difference with the King card game is that you’re playing individually. While playing Bridge, you’re playing in pairs of 2 to make up the typical 4 […]
- Advanced Reversi Strategy - How to Win More in Reversi/Othello When it comes to Reversi, you have a mixture of strategies from games such as chess and 9ball pool involved at the same time. In both games, you have elements of blocking or limiting your opponents moves. You also have to know where to move and when. In 9ball pool, […]
- Domino Set Sizes and Games: Double 6, Double 15, and Double 18 - There are many domino games currently available but playing any given one of them is mostly determined by 2 things. The first being how many players are involved. The other is which set size(s) you currently have on hand. The set size refers to the highest double number you have on the tiles. This ranges […]
Scopa, famous Italian card game
Scopa is one of the two national card games of Italy and is played using an Italian 40-card deck. Learn to play scopa.
How to play euchre
Euchre is a trick-taking card game for 4 players, playing in partnerships. Only 24 cards from the deck are used. Here are the rules to euchre
Learn to play hola
Hola can be played by 2 players or 4 players as partners. It may sound Spanish, but the game is actually of Ukrainian origin and is especially popular in Canadian land casinos. Here are the hola rules
How to play mahjong
Ever wondered how to play mahjong? The version most Westerners are familiar with is the simple tile-matching game played on the computer. But the real Chinese game is considerably more challenging, and much more interesting. Here are the rules to mahjong plus video explanations.
Caro rules and strategy and more
Caro, also called Gomoku, is sort of like an advanced version of tic tac toe. Here is your guide to Caro
Online Gaming Resources
It’s increasingly popular to play card and casino games online. Sites such as www.pokersites.us showcase the wealth of options that are still available for American poker players. Other people prefer casino games which involve pure luck (roulette sites can be found at www.onlineroulette.ca). Whichever game you prefer, you can find it online 24/7 – read our guides to the rules and gameplay so you can play safely and confidently. Finally, if you want get a feel for current events in the poker industry, make sure to have a look at pokerupdate.com for the latest poker news.
Online Casino Rules
The rules for online casino games are essentially the same as you would find in a land-based casino, with the added advantage that there are more variations of popular games available online. You can also read more here about the rules and strategies of the most popular casino games.
Once you know the rules, you can try out your newfound skills on any platform. For example, in South Africa, you see a lot of people playing casino games on their telephone. Although an online casino South Africa is limited to local regulations, it is still a lot of fun to test your luck from home or on the road.
Crazy eights: Rules and rule variations
The rules to crazy eights are simple, though a lot of creative game variations exist to spice up the game. Here’s How to play crazy eights.
Cheat or BS
You might know this card game by the name “I doubt it”. In this game lying and deception are strongly encouraged. Cheat rules and tips.
Online Casino Games
If you want to really get the lowdown on online casino rules, the best resources for you are casino guides that promise honest and reliable information such as www.nzonlinecasinos.co.nz. You can also do a deep dive into online casino games strategy on trusted online casino review sites. One of the best out there on both reviews and detailed casino games strategy on every possible online casino game is www.casinocanuck.ca.
Did you know that the world record for domino toppling is over 4 million dominoes? Here are a few tips and ideas to help you get started with domino toppling
Played reversi lately?
Reversi, also known as Othello, falls into that category of games that take “a minute to learn, a lifetime to master.” Reversi guide is here.
The ultimate tic-tac-toe strategy
With proper strategy, you will never lose another game of tic tac toe in your life. Tic Tac Toe guide is here.
Santase, a Bulgarian card game for two players
Santase is a fun heads-up card game that’s popular in Bulgaria. It’s played using only 24 cards from the deck. The rules are a little tricky, but if you’re a card lover, you’ll want to give this game a try. Santase rules
Draw dominoes rules and tips
Dominoes is super-popular in Latin America. The most commonly played version is called “draw”. If you want to give draw dominoes a try, here are the rules. Of course you will also find strategy tips in our Dominoes Guide to help you win more often.
Definition of “skill games”
Which games qualify as skill games and which don’t? Certainly backgammon, rummy and online poker qualify but what about games that are determined predominantly by luck? Here’s our definition of skill games.
Mexico dice game
This is a fun game to play with a group of friends, especially when played for money. Learn to play mexico.
Non-traditional cribbage boards
Apart from the standard “29-style” cribbage board, you can also find boards in all kinds or crazy shapes crafted from non-traditional materials like metal and leather. More about crib boards
Tricky cribbage hand to score
Test yourself. See if you can figure out the correct scoring for this tricky cribbage hand. No, there’s no prize for the correct answer just a whole lot of self-pride!
Rummy-O is a tile version of rummy
Did you know that rummy can be played with tiles instead of cards? The rules are similar but there are twice as many tiles as there are cards in a deck. So the game is essentially like playing rummy with two decks. Rummy guide is here.
Checkers is surprisingly complex
Checkers may not be as simple as you think. Game strategy is surprisingly complex and can test even the strongest adult mind. See our checkers guide.
5 easiest skill games
Find out which skill games are easiest to learn. Here’s a list of the top 5 easiest skill games with the simplest rules.
How to play pyramid solitaire
In this version of solitaire, the cards are dealt out in the shape of a pyramid. The challenge is to remove cards in pairs that add up to 13 until you have dismantled the pyramid. The rules to pyramid solitaire are here.
Using software to become a better backgammon player
The fastest way to improve your backgammon skill and become a winning player is with the aid of training sofware. Better still, some of this sofware is free. More backgammon info here.