The latest articles and game guides on LearnPlayWin
- All Game Guides - LearnPlayWin has comprehensive guides on many games. Here you can find a complete list of all our game guides and links to all the subpages within each guide. Other “How to Play” Guides Crazy Eights Euchre Hola Mahjong Santase Cheat (BS) Caro Scopa
- Checkers: Rules variations - Most online checkers games use the standard British-American checkers rules. However, you may also encounter these checkers rule variations. Suicide checkers Suicide checkers, also known as anti-checkers, is the opposite of regular checkers. The winner is the first player with no checkers left, or who can’t make a legal move. International draughts International draughts is […]
- Checkers: Standard rules - Introduction Checkers (also known as Draughts) is a two-player board game. This page gives the standard British-American rules for checkers, which are the rules most commonly used for online play. For information on Canadian Checkers, Suicide Checkers, Russian Checkers and other variations, see our Games Variations page. Setting up the board Checkers is played on […]
- Checkers: How to play - It only takes a few minutes to learn how to play checkers. Start with the checkers rules listed below. These are the rules most commonly used at online game sites. Consult the glossary if you are unsure about any checkers terminology. Checkers rules – Basic rules commonly used at online checkers games Checkers variations – […]
- Checkers: Glossary - Board The playing surface. Typically, a 64-square checker board is used, though some checkers variations use larger boards. Capture To jump an opponent’s checker then remove it from the board. Checker A playing piece used to play checkers. Also called a “man”. Checker board See Board Crown To place a second checker on top of […]
Scopa, famous Italian card game
Scopa is one of the two national card games of Italy and is played using an Italian 40-card deck. Learn to play scopa.
How to play euchre
Euchre is a trick-taking card game for 4 players, playing in partnerships. Only 24 cards from the deck are used. Here are the rules to euchre
Learn to play hola
Hola can be played by 2 players or 4 players as partners. It may sound Spanish, but the game is actually of Ukrainian origin and is especially popular in central Canada. Here are the hola rules
How to play mahjong
Ever wondered how to play mahjong? The version most Westerners are familiar with is the simple tile-matching game played on the computer. But the real Chinese game is considerably more challenging, and much more interesting. Here are the rules to mahjong plus video explanations.
Caro rules and strategy and more
Caro, also called Gomoku, is sort of like an advanced version of tic tac toe. Here is your guide to Caro
Online Gaming Resources
It’s increasingly popular to play card and casino games online. Sites such as www.pokersites.us showcase the wealth of options that are still available for American poker players. Other people prefer casino games which involve pure luck (roulette sites can be found at www.onlineroulette.ca). Whichever game you prefer, you can find it online 24/7 – read our guides to the rules and gameplay so you can play safely and confidently. Finally, if you want get a feel for current events in the poker industry, make sure to have a look at pokerupdate.com for the latest poker news.
Online Casino Rules
The rules for online casino games are essentially the same as you would find in a land-based casino, with the added advantage that there are more variations of popular games available online. You can also read more here about the rules and strategies of the most popular casino games.
Crazy eights: Rules and rule variations
The rules to crazy eights are simple, though a lot of creative game variations exist to spice up the game. Here’s How to play crazy eights.
Casino Reviews and Slots
Cheat or BS
You might know this card game by the name “I doubt it”. In this game lying and deception are strongly encouraged. Cheat rules and tips.
Gaming Safety and Legality
Online safety is important for any type of game, and it is particualrly important to find out where you can play safe online casino gamesfor real money and secure transactions. Moreover, no one wants to be subject to legal ramifications from gaming online so it is also important to know what sites operate legally.
Did you know that the world record for domino toppling is over 4 million dominoes? Here are a few tips and ideas to help you get started with domino toppling
Played reversi lately?
Reversi, also known as Othello, falls into that category of games that take “a minute to learn, a lifetime to master.” Reversi guide is here.
The ultimate tic-tac-toe strategy
With proper strategy, you will never lose another game of tic tac toe in your life. Tic Tac Toe guide is here.
Santase, a Bulgarian card game for two players
Santase is a fun heads-up card game that’s popular in Bulgaria. It’s played using only 24 cards from the deck. The rules are a little tricky, but if you’re a card lover, you’ll want to give this game a try. Santase rules
Real Money Gaming Resources
There are various ways to make money at skill games and also at online games. One example is a popular slots game such as Asian Beauty, which can be played at online casino providers such as Jackpot City. You can read more about how to play this type of game at popular online guides such as http://realmoneyonlinepokies.com.au.
Draw dominoes rules and tips
Dominoes is super-popular in Latin America. The most commonly played version is called “draw”. If you want to give draw dominoes a try, here are the rules. Of course you will also find strategy tips in our Dominoes Guide to help you win more often.
Definition of “skill games”
Which games qualify as skill games and which don’t? Certainly backgammon, rummy and online poker qualify but what about games that are determined predominantly by luck? Here’s our definition of skill games.
Mexico dice game
This is a fun game to play with a group of friends, especially when played for money. Learn to play mexico.
US Gambling Legalities
Non-traditional cribbage boards
Apart from the standard “29-style” cribbage board, you can also find boards in all kinds or crazy shapes crafted from non-traditional materials like metal and leather. More about crib boards
Tricky cribbage hand to score
Test yourself. See if you can figure out the correct scoring for this tricky cribbage hand. No, there’s no prize for the correct answer just a whole lot of self-pride!
Rummy-O is a tile version of rummy
Did you know that rummy can be played with tiles instead of cards? The rules are similar but there are twice as many tiles as there are cards in a deck. So the game is essentially like playing rummy with two decks. Rummy guide is here.
Checkers is surprisingly complex
Checkers may not be as simple as you think. Game strategy is surprisingly complex and can test even the strongest adult mind. See our checkers guide.
5 easiest skill games
Find out which skill games are easiest to learn. Here’s a list of the top 5 easiest skill games with the simplest rules.
How to play pyramid solitaire
In this version of solitaire, the cards are dealt out in the shape of a pyramid. The challenge is to remove cards in pairs that add up to 13 until you have dismantled the pyramid. The rules to pyramid solitaire are here.
Using software to become a better backgammon player
The fastest way to improve your backgammon skill and become a winning player is with the aid of training sofware. Better still, some of this sofware is free. More backgammon info here.